asceton.. something ruins place eu first (probably) 

GW2: Verarxar.3506
Post asceton.. something ruins place eu first (probably)
when we started the instance:
Valk 27
Ekallo 28
Verarxar 29
Brohm 29
Veet 32 (->30)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile ICQ

GW2: Ekallo.6482
Post Re: asceton.. something ruins place eu first (probably)
no1 guild

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Cool, how did it go? I thought the first instance was lvl 40

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am

GW2: OvePeken.6795
It was very nice, the only weird thing is the corpse run mechanic, I still dont really get it. We didnt wipe on any of the bosses, but I think everybody died a few times on most of them. You just ress at the waypoint and run in again. Hope that doesnt work on all of them or on the explorable modes. Still it was awesome.

I also love Ver's attention to detail in the dungeons name...

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 am

GW2: zapateria.1205
How is stuff like trash respawn time in dungeons? And why wouldn't you want ress work like that?

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:23 am

GW2: Verarxar.3506
Zapateria wrote:
How is stuff like trash respawn time in dungeons? And why wouldn't you want ress work like that?

Well, like I wrote in my monster post a while back before gw2 was released:

Quote:
When you die in a boss fight in GW2 the fight is not over. They say they don't want death to be too big of a
punishment, their solution is that you can simply respawn at a previous checkpoint and run back to your team mates still
fighting the boss to join the fight right away. But if you die 6 times in a fight (and never really understanding what hit you -
hopefully I one day will) when being able to constantly respawn, is that really more enjoyable than just dying once? My
personal pride feels like it's getting six times of a beating.

GW2 is challenging, especially since this is the first welcoming instance, it's learning curve is insanely steep. Because those
(ranger) trash mobs kick your ass so hard. But if you just manage to avoid dying all at the same time you can basically kill
any boss or trash pull by simply corpse walking over there again, yes the bosses and trash are hard, but you can sort of tire
them out this way. Of course you can decide before you start that boss-corpse walking isn't the way we roll, but the fights
are designed for it and without any particular reward for not dying is out there, there's really no reason to it.

At least one of us died in all boss fights except in one I believe (although we only really had three complete wipes, all on
trash). At the second last (boss) we had the scenario where I was the only one left standing at the time while Ekallo, brohm,
Valkrye & veet running back after respawning by the nearest WP. Veet was the closest, aproximately 15 seconds away. My
only goal at that time was just to stay alive so the boss wouldn't respawn. We pulled it off, but it just doesn't make sense.

But apart from that, I actually had a really good time. It's so extremely different now without the holy trinity and everyone
needs to somehow be aware of all the boons and conditions on both you and the mobs. The instance also hold a bunch of
very unique conditions like "loose half your health if you cast a spell with this active", "immune to CC" boons etc..

Can't wait to try the explorable mode!

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 am
Profile ICQ

GW2: OvePeken.6795
Yeah, I actually think that mechanic can work out pretty well in some occasions, since if you dont know what youre doing you
will die too much to actually kill the boss anyway, and after enough deaths you wont have any gear... So there is that
limitation to it, and it still is really really challenging even with this mechanic, like you said, this is the first instance and on easy
mode.

The thing about not knowing what kills you is of course really down to not knowing the game. I realised yesterday during the
boss fights that i was looking at my skills and cooldowns for a very large part of the fights, subconciously hoping that a cast
bar would tell me if the boss did anything worth dodging. Thing is that the only heads up you get for what the boss will do is in
his animations. This is of course a brilliant mechanic, which means that you actually have to watch the game and what
happends rather than just the UI.

Actually thinking of practicing fighting with the UI completely turned of some times, just to get used to watch the mobs and
what they do instead of my CDs. Should be able to get a decent feel for my CDs without looking at them all the time.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 am

GW2: Fezzick.6832
Brohm wrote:
This is of course a brilliant mechanic, which means that you actually have to watch the game and what
happends rather than just the UI.

Actually thinking of practicing fighting with the UI completely turned of some times, just to get used to watch the mobs and
what they do instead of my CDs. Should be able to get a decent feel for my CDs without looking at them all the time.

This concept - given the ramp time to leveling up and getting to know our skills (+ getting a somewhat innate sense of where they are on CD) - should allow for a much more tangible, "I'm there" feel too...rather than relying on your UI and often paying more attention to it than ('yoda voice here') where you are, what you are doing. My gut says it'll wind up injecting a new dimension of excitement into any instance played.

Now to add another thing to the list: learn to immediately recognize all the boon/condition icons (or create a UI mod that gives you a big list of each for you + target/boss). I still feel so nub.

"Those of you lucky enough to have your lives take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now."

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

GW2: Sayana.5923
I probably won't be online until 8/9ish BST but would definitely be up for running some story mode AC tonight if people fancy it. Failing that, maybe we could hop into WvW and form a small group to run around being a nuisance.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:02 pm

WTF Y U PHOTOSHOP ME OUT OF SCREENIE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy pls?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:40 pm

GW2: zapateria.1205
world second!

we did asceton something with sayana, fezzick, toks and xiplilppsomething (aflix) and apart from bugged chests and white loot from bosses it was pretty fun stuff!

is there an achievement for doing a full dungeon without any deaths? totally should be

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:09 am